All Wardens of Boys & Girls hostel
Heads/Directors of all departments/institutes
Dean student welfare
All the students are strictly warned not to indulge themselves in any kind of indiscipline, misconduct or any other acts which may be construed as ragging. Such acts shall not be permitted or condoned under any circumstances and strict disciplinary action will be taken against those found guilty.
CSJMU Anti-Ragging Help Contact
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
National Anti-Ragging Helpline
Phone : 1800-180-5522 (24 x 7 Toll Free)
E-Mail : email@example.com
UGC Ragging Rules and Regulations
RAGGING IS PROHIBITED
RAGGING IS AN OFFENCE TOTALLY PROHIBITED IN THE UNIVERSITY AND ANYONE FOUND GUILTY OF RAGGING AND / OR ABETTING RAGGING, WHETHER ACTIVELY OR PASSIVELY, OR BEING A PART OF A CONSPIRACY TO PROMOTE RAGGING IS LIABLE TO BE PUNISHED IN ACCORDANCE WITH UGC REGULATIONS ON CURBING THE MENACE OF RAGGING IN HIGHER EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS AS WELL AS UNDER THE PROVISIONS OF ANY PENAL LAW FOR THE TIME BEING IN FORCE.
What Constitutes Ragging
Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts:
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student
- Indulging in rowdy or indiscipline activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student.
- Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating sense of shame, or torment of embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche or such fresher or any other student
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to any individual or a group of students
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of its; sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person.
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, email, post, public insults, which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student
- Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure of showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
- Fresher (s) and all other student(s) should desist from doing anything, with or against their will, even if ordered to by the senior students.
- Fresher (s) or any other student (s), whether being victims, or witnesses, in any incident of ragging are advised to promptly report such occurrence at the Anti-Ragging Helpline. Apart from the helpline number the students are free to contact any of the University Officials.
- The University will ensure that the identity of such informants shall be protected and shall not be subject to any adverse consequence only for the reason for having reported such incidents.
Punishment(s) in the event of Ragging
One or more of the following punishments depending on the nature and the gravity of the guilt may be awarded to those found guilty namely:
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding /withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the University/Institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival etc.
- Suspension/Expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the University/Institution for period ragging from one to four semesters.
- Expulsion from the University/Institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period. Provided that where the persons committing or abetting the act of ragging are not identified, the University shall resort to collective punishment.