Department of Chemical Engineering, UIET
A six-day workshop was organized by Department of Chemical Engineering, UIET, CSJM University and IIChE Kanpur Regional Centre from 21st – 26th February 2022 to provide hands on training to students of Chemical Engineering on Process Simulation software such as CHEMCAD 8.0. The workshop was attended by 30 students from colleges both from Kanpur and outside Kanpur.
The students were trained in the following modules of CHEMCAD 8.0.
1) Models for computing thermodynamic properties
2) Design of flow sheet and flow network
3) Performances of pumps, compressors, valves etc.
4) Design and rating of heat exchangers
5) Design and rating of separation processes
Sessions were held from 10am-5pm everyday where the students were given a theoretical introduction to the topic followed by a laboratory session. Apart from CHEMCAD, students were also provided introductory information about other software such as DWSIM, SIMULINK, ANSYS etc.