Program Name : Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed.)
Specialization : Track and Field, Yoga, Aerobics, Badminton, Table Tennis, Judo, Boxing, Skating, Hockey, Cricket, Basketball, Volleyball
Number of Seats : 50
Degree Requirement :
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% marks and having at least participation in the Inter- College/Inter-Zonal/District/School competition in sports and games as recognized by the AIU/IOA/SGFI/ Govt. of India. (OR)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Education with 45% marks (OR)
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 45% marks and studied physical education as a compulsory elective subject. (OR)
- Bachelor’s degree with 45% marks and having participated in National/Inter-University/State competitions or secured 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in Inter-College/Inter-Zonal/District/School competition in sports and games as recognized by the AIU/IOA/SGFI/ GOI. (OR)
- Bachelor’s degree and participation in International competitions or secured 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in National/Inter-University competition in sports and games as recognized by respective federations/AIU/IOA/SGFI/Govt. of India. (OR)
- Graduation with 45% marks and at least three years of teaching experience (for deputed in-service candidates i.e. trained physical education teachers/coaches).
Programme Requirement :
- Written Test (MCQ’s)
- Physical Fitness Test (Modified AAPHER Test)
Jobs Prospects : “An innumerably large number of students opt for this subject considering the fact that there exist vast employment opportunities for those with Ph.D., M.P.Ed. and B.P.Ed. degree. Candidates are absorbed as faculty in schools, colleges, Universities, sports officers in institutions and in the corporate sector as fitness consultants”.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) : To develop skilled professionals in the field of the health and sports industry and marketing.
Program Outcomes (POs) : To develop skilled professionals in the field of the health and sports industry and marketing.
Syllabus : Click here to view Syllabus
Programme Structure/ Curriculum : Click here to view Curriculum
Fee Details: Fee Details
Ordinances/ Regulations : Click here to view Ordinances
Accreditation : Yes (NCTE)