Program Name : Master of Physical Education (M.P.Ed.)
Specialization : Track and Field, Yoga, Aerobics, Badminton, Table Tennis, Judo, Boxing, Skating, Hockey, Cricket, Basketball, Volleyball
Number of Seats : 40
Degree Requirement : Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.E) or Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed.) or B.Sc. (Hons.) / B.A. (Hons.) in Health and Physical Education with not less than 55% marks in aggregate.
Programme Requirement :
- Written Test (MCQ’s)
- Physical Fitness Test (Modified AAPHER Test)
Jobs Prospects : An innumerably large number of students opt for this subject considering the fact that there exist good employment opportunities for those with M.P.Ed. degree. Candidates are absorbed as-
- Principal and P.E. teacher in schools,
- Faculty in colleges, universities
- Research Assistant in Projects and
with additional diplomas/certifications, they will be preferred as-
- Fitness trainer,
- Yoga instructor,
- Coaches in academies and
- Sports officers in institutions and
- Well-being managers/coaches/instructors in resorts, spas, hotels etc.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) : The learner will be expected to –
- Evaluate the theories, laws, and principles related to exercise, nutrition, and training in physical education, fitness, and sport under the changing professional demands with scientific vigor and professionalism.
- Display skills of research and statistics in decision-making, problem-solving, and innovation related to physical education, fitness, sport, and nutrition.
- Demonstrate the pedagogical, administrative, and managerial competencies related to physical education and sports needs in the industry, University school, and society.
- Perform First-Aid in the state of medical emergencies expected to occur in the events of physical activities, fitness training, and sport.
- Display the 21st-century competencies and technological proficiency skills related to physical education, fitness sport, and nutrition.
- Advocate the importance of physical activity and healthy eating and living as a lifelong goal for everyone in society.
Program Outcomes (POs) : The students will be able to-
- Critique the theories of learning and the models of teaching; laws and principles applied to exercise, training, and nutrition in physical education, fitness, and sport.
- Design solutions based on health, fitness, and sports performance/skills and nutritional measurements for the people engaged in physical activity, fitness, and sport.
- Displays research-based intervention in the academic and professional assignments of physical education, fitness, and sport.
- Demonstrate 21st-century and EdTech-related competencies in all the professional and personal aspects of life.
- Create concepts, products, solutions, interventions, and enterprises in the area of physical education, fitness, sport, and nutrition.
- Attend as the First-Aider in the condition of the injuries or emergencies expected in the events of physical activities, fitness training, and sport.
- Exhibit 21st-century competency and technological proficiency in the professions related to physical education, fitness, and sport.
- Promote the importance of physical activity and healthy eating/living as lifelong goals in society.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs): The students will be able to-
- Apply the behaviorist, cognitivist, constructivist, connectivist approaches in the teaching, learning, and services related to physical education, fitness, and sport at school, University, enterprise, and society levels.
- Administer physical fitness test, cardiovascular fitness test, personality traits test, 2D, 3D motion and gait analysis, nutritional status, and sports skill test to measure performance in health, fitness, and sport.
- Design the training schedule and diet chart to promote regular physical activity and healthy living in schools, fitness clubs, sports academies, and society at large.
- Demonstrate the skills of qualitative, quantitative, and mixed research techniques applicable in the context of physical education teaching, fitness training, coaching, and sport.
- Perform the CPR and First-Aid-related skills required to manage medical emergencies at school, University, enterprise, and community levels during physical education, fitness, and sports activities.
- Display skills related to communication, collaboration, critical thinking, creativity, leadership, and EdTech hard, and software used in the personal and professional aspects of physical education, fitness, and sport.
- Promote the adoption of lifelong physical activities (like Yoga-Asana, Pranayama), 5-6 days/week at a moderate level in society.
Syllabus : Click here to view Syllabus
Programme Structure/ Curriculum : Click here to view Curriculum
Fee Details : Fee Details
Ordinances/ Regulations : Click here to view Ordinances
Accreditation : Yes (NCTE)